CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS
- Juliet De Jesus Alejandre - Co-Chair
- Nicole Abreu Shepard - Secretary
The Jahn Diverse Learner Council (DLC) is a committee under the Jahn Local School Council (LSC). While Chicago Public Schools (CPS) defines a diverse learner as a student with a disability with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 plan, Jahn DLC meetings are open to all parents and community members.
The purpose of the DLS is:
- To work for the understanding of, respect for and support of diverse learners at Jahn School of Fine Arts.
- To provide a forum for stakeholders to share information, resources and support regarding students with diverse needs.
- To provide information, in an advisory capacity, to the Jahn LSC and PPLC and promote events within the community to encourage understanding, acceptance and inclusion.
Diverse Learners Resources (more coming soon!):
The Office of Diverse Learner Supports and Services (ODLSS) webpage: https://cps.edu/diverselearners/Pages/home.aspx
The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Special Education webpage: https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Special-Education-Programs.aspx