CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS
- TBD - Co-Chair (If you are interested in being a DLC Representative, please contact Nicole Abreu Shepard
- Nicole Abreu Shepard - Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jahn Diverse Learner Council (DLC) is a committee under the Jahn Local School Council (LSC). Chicago Public Schools (CPS) defines a diverse learner as a student with a disability with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 plan, Jahn DLC meetings are open to all parents and community members.
The purpose of the DLS is:
- To work for the understanding of, respect for, and support of diverse learners at Jahn School of Fine Arts.
- To provide a forum for stakeholders to share information, resources, and support regarding students with diverse needs.
- To provide information, in an advisory capacity, to the Jahn LSC and PPLC and promote events within the community to encourage understanding, acceptance, and inclusion.
Jahn DLC, August Presentation
Please click here to access CPS’ Remote Learning Guidance, and click here for Special Education Remote Learning Guidance for your access and review. As we continue to serve our students with disabilities remotely, we will be holding the Remote Learning Plan (RLP) meetings soon. The purpose of this RLP meeting is to review the current IEP/Section 504 plan in place for your child and to determine if we need to create an interim plan during remote learning to meet our students with disabilities’ needs.
PARENT/GUARDIAN ACTION NEEDED: To streamline the above consent process, please complete this form titled “SY 20-21 Parent/Guardian Consents for Electronic Communication and Remote Meetings”. Or, please complete the attached consent for us to know how to proceed. If you complete the consents, please feel free to email me the form directly. If you complete the consents electronically via a Google Form, you do not need to email me the completed consent forms.
- Consent for Remote Meetings – This is how we will be conducting our IEP and 504 meetings this school year.
- Consent for Electronic Communication – This allows us to send you documents via email. Click here to access the form.
- 8th Graders Only: Consent to Invite an Outside Agency – This is so that we can try to connect you with resources to support your child’s future when developing IEP. This form is only for 8th graders. Click here to access the form.
Please click here to access our Related Service Provider (RSP) Team resource center.
The Office of Diverse Learner Supports and Services (ODLSS) webpage: https://cps.edu/diverselearners/Pages/home.aspx
ODLSS Parent/Guardian Helpline: Please call Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM at 773-553-1840 or
Meet the ODLSS Parent Involvement Specialists! They are a great support for families and schools!
The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Special Education webpage: https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Special-Education-Programs.aspx
Please visit the U.S. Department of Education’s Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) website for information and resources.