The Pre-K experience is critical, as it helps 3 and 4-year-old children develop the academic and life skills that will carry them into adulthood. Pre-K provides children with essential opportunities to learn and practice the social-emotional, problem-solving, and academic skills that they will use throughout their lives.
Jahn’s high-quality Early Childhood Program
- Boosts academic skills
- Fuels intellectual curiosity
- Fosters independence
- Instills a love of lifelong learning
Through common goals and high expectations, Jahn’s Pre-K team is dedicated to building a strong foundation and igniting a lifelong passion for learning for children and their families.
Jahn has two Blended Pre-K classrooms. A Blended Preschool consists of General Education students and Special Education students. 70% of the population is General Education and 30% of the population is Special Education. Each blended classroom has a General Education teacher, a Special Education teacher, and a Teacher Aide.
Benefits of a Blended Preschool for both typically developing students and students with special needs:
- Students receive more individual attention, more interaction with teachers, and a smaller teacher/student ratio.
- Behavioral and academic expectations remain high for students with and without disabilities.
- Being in a blended environment teaches empathy, tolerance, and acceptance of ALL individuals with different abilities.
- Increased student engagement and increased use of strategies by students.
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem, and stronger peer relations.
- More heads are always better than 1! All of our students, whether or not they have special needs, learn in different ways.
- Even as adults, we know we learn and take in information differently than some of our peers.
As a team, with different backgrounds, areas of expertise, and experience, we are working together to make sure EVERY child is learning in a way that is best for him/her, building on strengths, making improvements to areas of need, and providing exposure to all different modalities and styles of learning, and encouraging self discovery.
Our Pre-K Hours
A.M. Class Times:
8:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
P.M. Class Times:
12:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
If you have any questions please call the school at: (773) 534-5500 and follow the prompts for preschool. If we do not answer, please leave a message and someone from the Pre-K Team will return your call.
The Pre-K application process is run by CPS's Ready to Learn program. Applications for the Fall 2017 school year will be available in the Spring of 2017. Please click here for application information.
Tuition-Based, Full-Day Pre-K
Are you interseted in full day Pre-K at Jahn? Jahn is in the process of establishing our program. Please contact the main office at (773) 534-5500 for more information. Click here to access the 2017-2018 application. Please submit your completed application to the main office.