Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Monthly Theme
Each month, our students and faculty will take time to embrace a Social Emotional Learning theme.
For the month of December, our SEL theme is Dedication. Dedication can be shown to be both a goal and to those who rely on us. Dedication helps us to be focused on what is important.
Some books that can easily connect to this theme are as follows:
- Salt in His Shoes: Michael Jordan in Pursuit of a Dream by Deloris Jordan
- She’s Got This by Laurie Hernandez
- The Things Lou Could Do by Ashley Spikes
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
- She Persisted by Chelsea Clinton
- New Kid by Jerry Craft